Friday, June 21, 2013

My Fetters

too hard to mention
what is it that makes me feel
like chewed up rubber 
glued to the roof

there is a cage
sometimes it is a wall
ceilings with stucco
like clouds that don't shift
single pane windows 
that let in a draft

and i feel the cage in 
open space 
when I am resting in the green
pine carpet and birch wallpaper

i feel the cage at the theatre
the sounds of shoes on concrete
sound freer than my luxurious box seat

then there is the distillery 
a factory my mind has formed 
to filter pleasure from profanity
the vapours and droplets
are pure and translucent 
but they show my face a smile

i am a thin wire 
twisted
an antenna 
a vessel
rust on a tugboat
bronze dust
a velcro lasso
a scuff on his chin
a carrier pigeon with nothing to say

and page
my greatest friend
you too
are just another box
to lock myself within
a coffin 
where i lie 
underground

to be found or to die

No comments:

Followers