Monday, May 6, 2013

Chase the hound (song)


If I laugh 
like a crow
will you know that I am joking
If I cry 
like a child
will you know that I am okay
And if I run 
like my ma
will you know where I am going?

Watch the big black bird 
chase the rabid hound
watch the sun rise up
to make fun of the shadows where we slept

Watch your gaze downcast
like a wasp trapped in a glass
because we can see it all
from this house upon a hill

But what good is it?
like a skinny wolf
catching mice between his teeth
it can't be enough

If I stay 
like a log
will you build a fence around me?
If I break 
like a vase
will you throw away the flowers?
If i hurt 
like a tooth
will the dentist give you gold?

But what good is it?
like her skin pulled tight
like a breath held in
like yr lines rehearsed

So if I run
like your pa
will you fix the bike and follow me?
If I tempt
like naked eve
do you think God will forgive me?
If I scream
like lucifer
does that mean that he's in me?

No comments:

Followers