Sunday, May 5, 2013

fill my mind


the wind 
is an angry friend 
slamming doors
this morning.

I awake laughing.
A cay-ote
A jackel.

I scrub bruises off my knees
as if i were shining
a wax apple.

It seems right to press
black wounds
under my eyes
so that I may 
find comfort in 
my old disguise
but i rub the dangerous
ash out of my eyelids
I turn the stove high
pull it close
like a fire
even though
sparks are floating through 
the window from outside. 

I called you the devil
so that I could 
live with the 
red sky
and 
ask you to stay alive

when we meet
time stretches
out between us like a 
telephone wire
a crow stamps his feet
under my eyes
i had it written 
down 
better
somewhere else
but i feel 
the same 
somehow
because 
it all 
fills my mind
these 
visions
of
your head 
ducking low
under a weeping
willow
your hand 
on cement 
making a fist
your lips
making a joke
and your 
heart like 
a bruised shell
too soft to hold
itself.

No comments:

Followers