Saturday, December 14, 2013

silent trapping

there is static in my hair tonight
a phone stuck in it
a wasp lives in it
a spider walks upon it
the girls crush a bit
while they look for cigarettes
they try to walk in a straight line
they might be in love

I fall in love with people all the time
there is nothing to it
you just refuse to see them as they are
and then it is quite easy 
she asks me for a slice and I give it to her
I like to see her innocent, begging me for life
I steal her sweater
she leans on a wall with her shoulders exposed
minus ten
then she's gone
then i fall in love with a guy whose name I forget
after he tells me the name of the girl he's still with
she's a natural blond 
I just want him to buy me a beer
no serious shit
his hands are like locks
cold and black shuffling a cigarette
weighing my ribs

peoples faces are traps
and I don't have the 
holy circle in my pocket
to help me stay away from 
all this

the taxi hasn't come
the girls are drunk
they grind on each other 
just to feel bad
just to send texts 
snap chats of their
faces gone red
lips like white glue and
bodies round
it's all for you
and it's probably love
especially if they shut up
when you shut your eyes
especially if they live
far away enough
that the streets are still yours
a body is a body 
you can find it anywhere
but mine is always filled 
with cement 
yours is gravel 
but they are both smooth tarmac
when we let them loose

my mind is a trapper
silent in snow
catching wolves 
just to see how they look 
when they are unable to move
i try to behave 
they way i was taught
i build a cage
and pretend to be tame
still nothing sticks 
as good as shame

No comments:

Followers